Thursday, July 31, 2008

Too excited to wait!!!

Okay, so I was going to post in the morning about the activity for today, but my urge to tell everyone that I was successful (mildly not wildly) overcame the urge to just do it in the morning.

Here goes...I met 10 new people today. They don't know I met them, which is the next step, but I can honestly say that I met and saw 10 new faces today. I think our interactions run surface deep as there were no "ah ha" moments just moments of...

"Why is that guy still wanting to talk to me?" and "I have work to do so I wish he would get out of my face" expressions.

I am realizing that is what is fun. The fact that the hunt is in getting people to respond. Not to blow you off but to actually look you in the eye and be responsive. Sure it takes 8 rejections to get the 1 to actually talk and then 10 more rejections before your reach the next pinnacle of excitement with human interaction.

Never fear I can still say that I met them. I want to post their names and occupations but right now I don't want anybody's privacy to be invaded. So instead ---a couple places I visited and initials in no particular order...

  • Oracle Realty Investments - MS
  • Malinda's Pet Grooming/Boarding - David (nicest guy of the day award - actually talked to me about what he does, what he thinks about small banks and everything)
  • Keller Williams Platinum - TW
  • Wentworth Property - M.?.
  • Mountain Park Apartments - D.?.

I will continue to update you on the progress. The next step is to inform these lucky people of my little campaign and get there permission to post stories involving the interactions. We will see.

2 comments:

meyer said...

Good for you getting out there and meeting 10 new people today Eric. You are a brave soul. What determination you have, awesome! Still confused though as to why you are doing this??? Please fill me in. Is this for your work? Personal?

Eric Murrietta said...

It is kind of both (with regards to your question). I do like meeting people, though it is difficult to do without coming off like a complete lunatic at times, and mostly I just feel like success springs from the people you know and the people who know you.

So to increase my "business" I thought I would take a more "personal" approach and begin to meet people, find out what they do and in return tell them what I do. Hopefully it brings success and I am able to be the next great Loan Originator (or something to that effect).